Officer Who Fired 21 Shots After High Speed Chase With Teen Driver Cleared of Wrongdoing


A grand jury in Russell County, Alabama, reviewed evidence and found that the police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old after a high speed chase committed no wrongdoing.

According to Russell County District Attorney Ken Davis, Brown waived his rights and voluntarily testified before the 18-member grand jury, which spent two days looking over the evidence. No charges were recommended by prosecutors, but they asked the jurors to determine whether or not the shooting was justified.

The teen was shot several times by officer Allan Brown of the Columbus (Georgia) police department after Christian Redwine and two accomplices stole a Pontiac G-6 and led police on a chase late on the night of Nov. 6.

Columbus police said the teens provoked suspicion when officers saw the stolen Pontiac creeping around closed businesses at around 4:30 a.m. near Columbus State University. When officers tried to stop the car, Redwine sped away, prompting the chase.

In recently-revealed dash cam footage, part of a detailed report issued by the Alabama State Bureau of Investigation, Brown can be heard narrating the chase, the speed of which reached 107 miles per hour at one point.

Redwine would attempt to take an exit off the freeway before he crashed the stolen vehicle.

“We’re gonna be on Riverchase Road dispatch,” Brown is heard saying in the footage. “He has wrecked out. Wrecked out. He is spinning. Start uh rescue.”

At this point, Brown approached the wrecked car on foot and proceeded to fire 11 shots into it.

“No stop. Please. I got shot. Please. Please,” one of the passengers said, pleading with the officer.

Brown then paused to reload his weapon and fired 10 more shots into the car, but all three teens had already been hit. The first few shots in the volley struck the driver Redwine in the head and chest, killing him.

The two surviving teens are Hunter Tillis and Hannah Wuenschel, both 19-years-old at the time of the incident. They faced charges after police found other stolen property inside the wrecked Pontiac.

A lawyer representing Wuenschel said Redwine was shot seven times, Wuenschel two or three times and Tillis at least twice. The two survivors were taken to a hospital for treatment after the incident and arrested upon their release.

Brown resigned from the Columbus Police shortly after the department closed its own internal investigation.

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

We encourage you to share and republish our reports, analyses, breaking news and videos (Click for details).

Contributed by Will Porter of The Daily Sheeple.

Will Porter is a staff writer and reporter for The Daily Sheeple. Wake the flock up – follow Will’s work at our Facebook or Twitter.